How to play Titanic Adventure Out of Time on Windows 7 & Vista
To play Titanic on newer operating systems the best way to do this is by using a virtual machine. What you’re basically doing is installing a second operating system onto your computer that can run in your current OS. You’ll need an old copy of an operating system that plays Titanic (XP/98/95 etc.) either on a disc or as an iso file and enough space on your hard drive to install a second operating system. If you have these available then follow the subsequent steps:
Note: If you find that the newer versions of VMware Player do not work on your computer then try downloading an older version. I found version 3.1.5 the best.
2. Once installed, run the application. You should see the following screen. Click on the option ‘Create a New Virtual Machine’.
3. Next it will ask you the location of the operating system. Select the options depending on how you intend to install the operating system (I personally had the CD)
4. The next options are fairly straight-forward. You will need the OS’s product key to complete the installation. I chose to install it on an external hard drive and made sure all my data on that drive was backed up. Although no problems occurred, please don’t blame me for any data loss.
5. Once installed, run the VMware Player. In the left hand column there should be a virtual machine visible. Click on it and the details of the operating system should appear to the right of the Window. You can see this on my computer below. It is in a suspended state as I did not shut down the OS the last time I used it.
6. Click on ‘Play Virtual Machine’ and the OS should load in the window. Once loaded you need to install Titanic – Adventure Out of Time on the new operating system.
7. Once you have done this you should be able to play the game.
Special thanks to GAZ who wrote and informed me of this method.